Youth Homes – Mt. Vernon, IL
Who are we?
Our team of highly qualified, experienced and caring professional Mental Health Therapists, Case Managers, Youth Care Workers, Nurses, Recreation Coordinator, Home Supervisor, Program Manager, Clinical Director and Spiritual Life Coordinator are available to youth and their families around the clock.
What do we do?
We support the whole child and their healthy development. While our primary focus is to support the youth’s mental health needs, we also provide opportunities for growth in spirituality, social skills, education, life skills and recreation both on and off campus.
Who can we help?
- Males and Females ages 12-20
- IQ above 70
- Referred by an approved referral source. Currently: Illinois Department of Children and Family Services, Illinois Department of Juvenile Justice, Illinois Individual Care Grant. Additional referral sources will be considered on a case by case basis.
Who are we NOT equipped to help even if they meet the criteria above?
- A youth with a diagnosis of Reactive Attachment Disorder
- A youth with a diagnosis on the Autism Spectrum
Frequently asked questions
- How long do youth stay in your program? 18 months on average
- Can we visit while a youth is in care at Spero? YES we encourage healthy visits from family, friends, mentors and others who are positive role models and have a connection to the youth. Visits are prearranged with our Case managers so that we can ensure the youth is available to visit.
- Where do youth in care at Spero go to school? During the admission process, the best educational fit will be discussed by the team including the youth and family. Youth with an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) may attend the Spero Academy. Youth needing general education will attend Mt. Vernon public schools. Click here for more information on the Spero Academy.
- How many youth live in the Youth Homes Mt. Vernon? We can care for up to 18 youth, 9 boys and 9 girls, at any time.
- What is the staff to youth ratio? We maintain an average of 1 staff to 4 youth in the homes.
- Who can I contact for more information?
Admissions: Kent McDermott
Clinical Director: Tammy Sweet
Contracts and Licensing: Michelle Moreno
Youth Homes – Murphysboro, IL
We provide a nurturing environment for youth who are not able to remain at their family home.
Call 618-242-1070 for referral information
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Contact us about additional information or questions you may have.