YouthBuild of South Central Illinois is for young adults who are in need of a certificate High School Equivalency (HSE/GED) and are between the ages of 16 and 24 years old.
What we offer:
- Stipends for Attendance
- High School Equivalency or General Education Development Class (HSE or GED)
- College Education Exploration
- Mental Health Services
- Job Readiness Training
- Employment Assistance
- Career Training-Construction
- Community Involvement
- Leadership Development
- Team Building
- Hospitality Training
- Forklift Training Certificate
- Pre-apprenticeship Certification
Information Needed Before Enrollment
- Driver’s License or State ID
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Proof of selective service of Male 18-24 yrs. old (copy of card or print out from www.sss.gov)
- High School Transcript (listing drop date, proof of constitution test, and individual education plan (IEP) if applicable)
- Proof of low income (TANF, food stamps, or tax return)
- Copy of court orders/documentation (if applicable)
8:15am – 3:00pm, Monday – Friday
2 days each week in Construction/Hospitality Training
2 days each week in GED class
1 day each week in Community Outreach
YouthBuild of Jefferson and Marion Counties is funded through a grant provided by the US Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration.
618-242-6723-Mount Vernon Location
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Contact us about additional information or questions you may have.
Although Spero Family Services is a faith-based agency, programs are open and available to anyone fitting the service criteria without discrimination and regardless of faith or denominational background.